Duncan Designed HB-102???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Designed HB-102???

Hello, everyone! I recently was looking for a new neck pickup to install into my Gibson Les Paul Tribute to go along with my 57' Classic Bridge. I played a Jackson guitar with a HB-102 at a local guitar shop and fell in love with it. I was looking for something to get harmonics out of easily, and it does the job for me. Only problem is, I've searched everywhere on the web for it and no one appears to be offering it. Could anyone please refer me to a place on the web or locally (I live in the Houston Metropolitan area) where I can get my hands on it? Thanks in advance!

Re: Duncan Designed HB-102???

Most of the "Duncan Designed" pups are OEM. You aren't likely to find them anywhere for sale retail. Having said that, they often show up in the trading post section of the forum or eBay or Craigslist, etc. Be patient, search around. I've snagged two sets of those, (and love them), both for a great price. They're out there.

Btw: The HB-102 isn't a single pickup. Its a set. The HB-102n is a Jazz, and the HB-102b is a JB. Although, often people sell them separately.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-03-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Most of the "Duncan Designed" pups are OEM. You aren't likely to find them anywhere for sale retail. Having said that, they often show up in the trading post section of the forum or eBay or Craigslist, etc. Be patient, search around. I've snagged two sets of those, (and love them), both for a great price. They're out there.

Btw: The HB-102 isn't a single pickup. Its a set. The HB-102n is a Jazz, and the HB-102b is a JB. Although, often people sell them separately.
      Once I had a Squier Vintage Modified Tele that came with a HB-102n and a regular tele bridge pickup, so I think it not only comes in a set.

Comment

Yeah, sorry. I just meant that the HB-102 designation could be either of two pups. But both are worth looking for.

Comment

Alright, thanks man! Could you inform me of how much you got it for approx.? Do you believe that the SH-2N is any better as far as harmonics go?

Comment

I believe both sets were around the $35 - $40 range. Not sure about the harmonics part. I just know mine sound good.
            Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-04-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I blieve both sets were around the $35 - $40 range. Not sure about the harmonics part. I just know mine sound good.
              Got it, I'll check it out. See what I come up with.

Comment

Working...
              X