banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If its not one thing, its another (funny picture inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If its not one thing, its another (funny picture inside)

don't know how this bell knob got stuck on so tight.

and just after i got the entire thing wired up

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 9-6-13 at 10.04 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	5830286
    good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Re: If its not one thing, its another (funny picture inside)

Oooooops.
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

one thing's for damn sure, i am love Love LOVING these pickups

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 9-6-13 at 10.10 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	5771906
      good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

Been there, done that. I've got one of those in my junk box. Alpha pot . . .

Comment

Many of us have had that happen, especially with the cheaper brands of pots.

I've been able to successfully re-assemble a pulled-apart pot like yours, but it is probably worth just replacing it with a new CTS or Bournes pot.

I see you have the P-Rails mounted the way I suggest with the rail next to the bridge. Does it have the stock A5 mags or did you put an A8 next to the Rail coil?
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Haven't done that yet, but I did push the back off of a new CTS pot trying to force on a too tight knob.
            "It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm Peterson

Comment

Bummer! But as GuitarDoc mentioned, it would be a good time to replace the pots with better ones. I might have to try reversing the bridge pickup like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogles View Post
                The P-Rails are amazing! I have a Hot/Regular combo and love them. Such a great idea that SD completely nailed as well as priced appropriately.

Comment

This happened to me with a perfectly good CTS pot. The problem was the knob was foreign/metric and needed to be reamed out a bit first. I saved the post that popped out and now use that to pre-tap metric knobs, if I ever really need to put a metric knob on an English-system pot. (Occasionally needed, for cosmetic reasons.)

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                    Many of us have had that happen, especially with the cheaper brands of pots.

I've been able to successfully re-assemble a pulled-apart pot like yours, but it is probably worth just replacing it with a new CTS or Bournes pot.

I see you have the P-Rails mounted the way I suggest with the rail next to the bridge. Does it have the stock A5 mags or did you put an A8 next to the Rail coil?
                    i did the A8 mod
                    also lowered the P90 screws so that it balances better with the rail coil
                    good deals with:

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

don't know how this bell knob got stuck on so tight.

and just after i got the entire thing wired up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46121[/ATTACH]
                      so how do you get these bell knobs to fit onto the shaft so that they aren't so freakishly tight?
                      good deals with:

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46122[/ATTACH]
                        I hear people rave about the rail and the P90 aspect of the P-Rails all the time. I don't think the P-Rails gets its due kudos as a humbucker. I have one in my Strat and the humbucking position is unreal. Love the white it looks great.

Comment

so how do you get these bell knobs to fit onto the shaft so that they aren't so freakishly tight?
                          One thing I did recently on some speed knobs, was to ream them out slightly by hand with a #1 drill bit. That's some bit smaller than 6mm, so what it does is knock a bit off the tops of the splines. Seemed to work pretty good on those I had.
                          "It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm Peterson

Comment

Working...
                          X