Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: close to tallica

Originally posted by azzyazzborne
    hi... i think the DD will give you a pretty solid metallica tone.... or the invader but apparently it needs some tweaking to get it to sound just right... ahah
    +1
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by itbepopples
      early metallica tone is great. kill em all = great metal tone. ride had good tone and then MOP came around and they started slipping. everything after MOP has the same exact distortion drop tuning sound that i hate. also, it depends on how far ur willing to go for the tone. do u want something that will suffice or do u wanna spend some money and nail it?

ahhh nah dude....MOP is the greatest tone ever IMO. kill em all is good, kinda nasally, i really liked the tone on RTL. my favorite for a while was garage days re-revisited. .....and stanger is the only album that uses drop tuning (and their worst tone by far IMO)
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

i agree with u ex but i really like that high nasally but full sounding chug hetfield gets on kill em all. just MHO. either way if ur looking for later metallica get a boogie rack or if early go for a 1987x RI from marshall. then crank.

Comment

BTW, dc mally, thanks for calling the Metal Zone a cheap distortion, then saying you're gonna get a Spider II... good one
          ahh yea but im only gonna use a spider II (if i do get one) as something to be heard over drums without lugging a half stack round my mates. i wouldnt be going arround claiming it to recreate a full blown mesa stack.
          Guitars:
          Jap Fender '71 Tele
          Jackson KV-4

Amp:
          Starfield (Ibanez) SVA-1

Comment

Originally posted by TDevilG
            Cheap Distortion? Hardly. There's a reason why so many people love and own this distortion pedal.
            Is there a reason why so many people own Peavey Transtubes?

TDevilG, I agree with most of what you said, but I just HAD to poke fun at that Mainly because I have a Transtube myself, and it was one of the lamest purchases ever.
            Originally posted by Kanye West
            Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by itbepopples
              early metallica tone is great. kill em all = great metal tone. ride had good tone and then MOP came around and they started slipping. everything after MOP has the same exact distortion drop tuning sound that i hate.
              So, to you, And Justice for All, the Black Album, Load, Reload, Garage Inc, S&M, & St. Anger all have the exact same guitar tone?

Well, I guess that makes one of you.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

all i know is that i liked metallicas early tone more than the later stuff. i think that after cliff died the music went in a new direction. i DO like songs past MOP but it just seems more refined as opposed to just balls to the wall metal. for me, when i think of metallica i think of hetfield, hammett,burton and ulrich. i think they had perfect then but its cool to go other places with the music. i just dont like it as much.

Comment

Originally posted by azzyazzborne
                  or the invader but apparently it needs some tweaking to get it to sound just right... ahah
                  What kind of tweaking are we talking about here? I might plan on getting an Invader for my Explorer (God, I can't decide on pickups), but I'm not sure how they would sound in Korina wood, and now I have to think about the tweaking.
                  Current Guitars: 2016 Gibson SG Special 70's Tribute, 2016 Gibson Classic Goldtop
                  Current Amp: Mesa/Boogie Mark V > 2x12
                  Current Effects Pedal: PettyJohn Chime, Fulltone Clyde, EQD Grand Orbiter, Empress VMSD
                  Current G.A.S: moar Les Pauls - The list just keeps changing!

Comment

There's no tweaking necessary with any pickup... some people (like myself) just like to goof around with them. I actually like the Invader best stock.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                    X