Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquity I's too noisy?

Hi,

So I go to mess around with the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster. I put in a pair of Seymour Duncan Antiquity I's. I must say I am very disappointed. They are very very noisy. I use high end cables that are quiet as can be and with the original pickups there was some noise but nothing bad. With the Antiquity's it is horrible.

Any ideas? Could it be they were installed wrong? I already regret not keeping the originals in. Luckily I kept them.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Antiquity I's too noisy?

Is there less hum if you're touching the strings, and more if you're not?

Antiquities are vintage spec singles, which do hum, but it shouldn't be worse than any other true single coil.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

right. i dont have any jazzmaster antiquities but i have both strat sets, an ant II jaguar pup, and ant I tele pup. none are any more noisy than any other single coil.

if its horrible it sounds like there is a wiring issue

Comment

They sound fine through a clean channel, maybe a little tin like for me, esp seeing I thought they had more bass than the II's.

Comment

They seem to be noisier than my Strat and Tele but those are not stock but still single coils.

Comment

You still need to answer the question whether it gets better if you touch the strings.

Also, do you have the "custom" bridge version?

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
              You still need to answer the question whether it gets better if you touch the strings.

Also, do you have the "custom" bridge version?
              It is not any quieter with my hands on the strings. To me the noise is so bad I can hear even when a fuzz or distortion pedal in being used. Not sure what the Custom bridge version is. Mine just say bridge and neck on the boxes.
              Last edited by lennon08; 09-14-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X