Liberator 500k with a 5-way Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberator 500k with a 5-way Switch?

So I looked around the forum, did a few searches and can't seem to find any answers.
    Would anyone have the correct diagram to hook up 2 passive humbuckers to the
    Liberator with a 5 way selection switch?

I'm planing on putting a crunchlab and liquid fire in my old Ibanez RG 7 string. I emailed
    Duncan and Keith said that it is possible and to search and ask you guys here.

Re: Liberator 500k with a 5-way Switch?

Think of the Liberator as essentially just a bus stop for your wiring. Instead of the red wire running directly from the pickup to whichever pole of the 5-way it'll connect to, it runs to the Liberator's red wire "stop", and then you run the Liberator's red wire to the 5-way. The black wire stops at the Liberator, and then you run the Liberator's black wire to wherever the black wire should go. Etc., etc.

That said, your wiring will need to get modified at some point, because DiMarzio wires use the colors differently to SDs. If you're using an SD wiring diagram for the 5-way, I would recommend wiring the Liberator based off that, and then doing the "exchange" where you screw the DiMarzio wires into the Liberator. It's easier to correct an error in mis-matching wires that way. If it's a DiMarzio diagram, then wire according to it, and ignore that SD has different colors.

Comment

Working...
    X