SEYL Sticker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEYL Sticker?

I bought a used Epiphone paule with 1 Seymour Duncan PU in the Neck Position. It looks like a SH-2 but there is no Serialnumber on the back.
    Just a Sticker with the letters SEYL. What type of PU is it?
    Thx and greetings from Germany

Re: SEYL Sticker?

Thats a Duncan Distortion neck, wound by Lidia Daniel.

btw - Welcome to the forum.

Comment

yep. I believe the old neck version of the duncan distortion (maybe still the neck version, i'm not sure), was called the "seymourizer," hence the "SEY"

What part of Deutschland are you from?
      und Willkommen!
      hope to see you around here for a while! Be careful, it gets addictive!

Tschüss!
      Last edited by kap_x; 01-19-2005, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Thx,

that helped a lot. I`m from Hannover, the Home of the Cebit/Expo2000/and Mr Schröder.

Comment

Hello Again,

Are you sure that it is a Neck Pick Up. At the Moment its in the Bridge Position
          and in the Neck is still the Epi Pick up. If its so, i gonna swith the position of the SEYL and buy a new fSH-6 or Invader for the bridge position.

Comment

Originally posted by hertzschlaggit
            Hello Again,

Are you sure that it is a Neck Pick Up. At the Moment its in the Bridge Position
            and in the Neck is still the Epi Pick up. If its so, i gonna swith the position of the SEYL and buy a new fSH-6 or Invader for the bridge position.

Yep, the Seymourizer is the old neck version of the Distortion, though I'm sure it makes a pretty rockin' bridge pickup.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by hertzschlaggit
              Thx,

that helped a lot. I`m from Hannover, the Home of the Cebit/Expo2000/and Mr Schröder.

I love Hannover. I drove all over Germany, as well as some of Austria, and I loved them both. I think Germany is probably my favourite country, and hopefully someday I can get a place there (after I fix this whole lack of German speaking skills thing )

Comment

Working...
              X