5-Way switch upgrade for Ibanez S571 w/ Duncan JB & Jazz pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-Way switch upgrade for Ibanez S571 w/ Duncan JB & Jazz pickups

Hello, I've been trying to figure out this wiring for an Ibanez S571dxqm guitar. It's a hard tail with the INF pickups in HSH configuration. I didn't like these pickups, so I upgraded to the Duncan Hot rodded set ( JB & Jazz). For now I'm using the stock INF S1 in the middle. I've been having problems wiring correctly with the Ibanez 5 way switch. I've been searching and searching this forum for some accurate info about the wiring. Close, but no cigar. So far, I've noticed I'm not the only one having this problem trying to wire some Duncan pickups to a Ibanez 5-way switch.

So, with that said, I was wondering if there is an upgraded 5 way switch that will drop into an Ibanez S series guitar that will allow for correct wiring. I figure the problem is translating the innards of the Ibanez 5 way switch w/ the Duncan pickups. So, I'll try and get rid of the problem and upgrade the 5 way switch.

What I'm trying to do is wire the guitar as such. In positions 1 & 5 full humbucker, position 3 middle single coil only, and positions 2 & 4 neck or bridge split with middle pickup. This is how the stock wiring was. I like it cause it allows alot of versatility. The neck humbucker needs to be split so the south bridge is in parallel w/ middle pickup. Bridge pickup needs to be split so north bridge is in parallel with middle pickup. So far this has been the challenge. I can't translate the wires to accomplish this. Help.

Any help or advise is appreciated, and will be shared with all. Thanks.

Re: 5-Way switch upgrade for Ibanez S571 w/ Duncan JB & Jazz pickups

My local guitar shop installed a Steward MacDonald Mega E switch. Great switch, very solid, and the Duncans with the INF S1 middle pickup sound great. Some routing had to be done to fit the Mega E switch into the small cavity, but well worth it.

Comment

Working...
    X