Broken Jerry Donahue pickup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Jerry Donahue pickup??

The ground from the black wire to the plate is broken so a ground (?) from the yellow wire to the plate was added instead. It's now loose.
    I think I can solder a black wire connection back and remove the white wire added from the yellow wire.

Thanks,
    matt

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	5830372
    Acoustic: Larrivee D-03R, Epiphone PR-350-SM (Fishman matrix infiniti)
    Electric: 2005 Gibson SG Special (57/57+), 2008 Gibson SG Classic, Homemade Telecaster (Benson pickups)
    Amps: 1960 Gibson Explorer Amp, 1973 Fender Princeton Amp, Fender Champion 300

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. -Will Rogers-

Re: Broken Jerry Donahue pickup??

What are you talking about..."ground from the black wire" and "ground from the yellow wire"?
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Black should go to plate/ground. Yellow should not.

Comment

I think the previous owner changed the polarity this way. That can be useful if a fender type pickup work together with a braided wire Gibson pickup. Otherwise you have a out-of-phase sound with both pickups on. Hope that helps!
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

thanks,
          matt
          Acoustic: Larrivee D-03R, Epiphone PR-350-SM (Fishman matrix infiniti)
          Electric: 2005 Gibson SG Special (57/57+), 2008 Gibson SG Classic, Homemade Telecaster (Benson pickups)
          Amps: 1960 Gibson Explorer Amp, 1973 Fender Princeton Amp, Fender Champion 300

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. -Will Rogers-

Comment

Working...
          X