Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele with Humbucker, HELP?

Hey gang!
    I have a LTD TE-202 Tele, alder body, maple/ rosewood neck. It's got a single in the bridge and a humbucker in the neck. I plan on putting a Hotrails Tele in the bridge, but not sure what will go well as a humbucker in the neck. I was thinking a Pearly Gates, but I'm not too sure.
    I play all kinds of music, so versatility is a good thing. Thanks for any help.

Re: Tele with Humbucker, HELP?

In my opinion, you'll do just fine with a 59n

Comment

Seth, Ant, Jazz or the 59n are where I would start. I have a Jazz in my solid mahogany tele and it sounds great.

Comment

I've used a '59n in the neck of a Tele with great results. If you're going with a Hot Rails in the bridge, you shouldn't have any problems with output levels.

I'd also recommend switching the pots to 500k.
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will let you know what happens.

Comment

I have a '59 in both positions. The pickup cover for the neck's there for aesthetic reasons- from a distance, it seems that I'm playing without a neck pickup. The intention was to equip this guitar with a pair of 'polite' pickups & metal was not on the menu but the '59 can do metal, grind & then some
            Psychic Horns

Comment

The closest thing to my favorite neck pickup ever (custom wind by js moore) is the seth. I haven't actually tried a seth but I've got a low 7k, a2, unpotted neck pickup and it is heaven. I have played a pearly gates which is a very close second, but it doesn't sound expansive like an unpotted pickup does. My favorite neck pickup might be the antiquity surfers (or the strabro 90s). There's only been a few potted humbuckers I like in the neck position. Actually, I think the PG is the only one.

I've heard good things about the 59/jazz as well though.
              Last edited by jimijames; 09-28-2013, 10:07 AM.
              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
              I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

IMHO, i believe that a Hot Rail & full size A2P in the neck will work very well 2gether !
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
                X