Change of pickups in DK2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of pickups in DK2.

Hi all, this is my first posting in this forum, & Ive a couple of problems I need a bit help with.
    Im replacing the Duncan Designed Pups in my Jackson DK2. Ive put SSL3 "hot for strat" pups at neck & mid positions, any thoughts on what humbucker would work well at the bridge position?. Ive been thinking maybe an SH-6 or a TB-5.
    Also, the neck SSL3 works just fine, but the mid position pup is very weak, I have to turn the volume way up to get any sound at all, & then it sounds realy "tinny". Im sure its something ive done, cos it worked fine in another instrument!.
    Many thanks.

Re: Change of pickups in DK2.

As far as what humbucker to use what sort of sound do you want?
    The problem with the middle pickup sounds like maybe you have a cold solder joint...

BTW welcome to the forum...
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Re: Change of pickups in DK2.

TB-5 and TB-6 (yes you ll need trembuckers in the bridge of your DK-2) would be to powerfull when combining with the single coils, result=out of balance, i know it's hard to choose, i m still doubting about a bridge humbucker myself to put in my DK-2...
      When you really want to use the Custom or Distortion, you ll need to put high output rails in the SC slots, when you want to keep the SSL-3's in, you need a less high output bucker then the Custom or Distortion in my opinion.
      Good luck in choosing the right combo!!!
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Working...
      X