Single vs Humbucker in bridge help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single vs Humbucker in bridge help

I have a stratocaster that is currently SSS and I am thinking of making it HSS (it is already routed in by Fender) but I was reading a thread and saw that HSS isn't to great it can be problematic... I really like the texas special in neck and middle but not liking it in the bridge (it feels empty and to little) I don't have much money to test other theories so I am looking to SD forum.

What I want:
    Versatile tone (I play mostly heavy rock and drop tune, but I take music classes and play mostly old rock (sabbath type and black keys))
    I am thinking on Hot Rails for bridge keep the others the same for SSS
    or
    Putting a Pearly Gates in bridge while keeping the others the same for HSS

please don't tell me I am ruining what a strat is and blah blah blah save it for Jim Root lol
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Re: Single vs Humbucker in bridge help

Well the first Hum bucker that pops into my head is the JB since it works with 250k pots and will do classic to hard rock with ease
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by epi View Post
      I was reading a thread and saw that HSS isn't to great it can be problematic...
      What do you mean by problematic?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
        Well the first Hum bucker that pops into my head is the JB since it works with 250k pots and will do classic to hard rock with ease
        That was my first thought also, as it reportedly sounds good as a single coil when split. The Fender version of the Pearly Gates (PG+) would also be a good option if you want a more PAF-type sound, and it has wider polepiece spacing that lines up better with the strings in the bridge of a Strat.

Al

Comment

Either JB, Dist, or PG+ would be excellent choices. Make sure you have a P/P pot or mini switch for split mode.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
            The Fender version of the Pearly Gates (PG+) would also be a good option if you want a more PAF-type sound, and it has wider polepiece spacing that lines up better with the strings in the bridge of a Strat.
            No it doesn't. It's standard spaced.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Working...
            X