Antiquity single coil covers are not same size as Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquity single coil covers are not same size as Fender

I was all set to wire up a newly acquired set of Texas Hot Antiquities and was short a cover. I grabbed one of my Fender covers and the poles don't line up all that well and the Fender cover is a tick too wide... the Duncan Antiquity cover is narrow and fits around the coils as snug as a bug in a rug. The Fender cover just never snaps on and is held up on the high E pole because there is a pole to pole discrepancy.

It's like a millimeter or two off pole to pole and it's off about the same width wise... I know that we can't get after market Antiquity covers but this just sucks for right now, I was hoping to be jammin' with my strat tomorrow. : (

Anyone know of an aftermarket cover that would fit properly?
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Re: Antiquity single coil covers are not same size as Fender

I'm pretty sure the regular Fender American and Custom Shop aged white covers all fit Antiquities. I'm thinking that you probably have an import Fender cover.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
      I'm pretty sure the regular Fender American and Custom Shop aged white covers all fit Antiquities. I'm thinking that you probably have an import Fender cover.
      That's what it sounds like to me...in fact I am almost positive that is whats going on here.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
        That's what it sounds like to me...in fact I am almost positive that is whats going on here.
        Nope, the covers are USA... I took the time to buy all American parts for that guitar.
        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Working...
        X