what pots for lil 59/mini humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what pots for lil 59/mini humbucker

Ive done some research and cant really find what I am looking for. I am currently in the process of building a telemaster/jazzcaster. Its going to have ash chambered body, maple neck with rosewood or pau farro fretboard. I am putting a lil 59 in the bridge and a duncan mini (as undecided at the moment) in the neck. I have some 250k pots laying around but was unsure if they would work with the humbuckers. I know some people use them to get a nice warm tone with humbuckers but how do they sound? Ive looked for some vids on youtube but I havent found many to judge from. If i decide to go this route should I go 250 for both volume and tone? if so what cap with them. Or should i go 500 tone and 250 k volume? if so what cap...or go 500 for both...with what cap? all thoughts and comments appreciated

Re: what pots for lil 59/mini humbucker

You can't go too wrong just putting 500K pots in everything. There's not a huge difference between 250 and 500 anyhow, and if ever 500 is too bright, all you have to do it roll off some treble. You can do that either with the amp, with the guitar's tone, or with the guitar's volume.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

thanks its a bass. anyone else got any suggestions?

Comment

I have a S-sized humbucker running through 250k pots and I feel it lacks something... So best go with 500k

Comment

k. looking like i may end up going a 500k volume with a 250k pot. with maybe a .047 cap. not sure.

Comment

if its a bass then i suggest going with 250k pots and rail style pups. cool rails sound pretty sweet with a narrow spacing bass

Comment

nope guitar, but thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Working...
              X