Pickups for a project guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for a project guitar.

I'm building a mutt from an old Charvel Model 4 and a Mighty Mite neck. Basswood body and all maple neck. It has 3 humbucker holes cut in it and I want to put pickups in it that won't act "weird" when 2 of them are switched on at the same time. I'm wondering do I need to do anything special with the middle pickup, as far as phase goes? Also is there anything else anybody has run into when doing a project like this, that I don't know about, which is a lot. Thanks for your help.
    Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Re: Pickups for a project guitar.

If your middle is a Single Coil, then for positions 2,4 to sound good, the pups must be in phase. In order to be hum free, additionally the middle should be RW/RP with regards to bridge and/or neck.
    If your middle is humbucking, and you intend no coil splitting then hum-wise you are set. With coil splitting the above stands (middle active coil must be RW/RP with bridge/neck). Again all pups must be in phase in any case.

Comment

Working...
    X