banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have magnetic pole pieces on a magnet..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you have magnetic pole pieces on a magnet..?

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
    Please try rod magnets in combination with bar magnet on the bottom. I always wanted to know how that works out.
    That's what I'm doing. It'll either be awesome or awful. If it works out, I'd like to have SD build me a proper version - mine just won't, you know, it just won't be...
    Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

Haven't actually tried that myself but once I did put an A5 bar magnet on the bottom of a Strat pu with the standard rod magnets. I couldn't hear any difference.
      Generic signature line.

Comment

How did you orient it, Zhang?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
          Haven't actually tried that myself but once I did put an A5 bar magnet on the bottom of a Strat pu with the standard rod magnets. I couldn't hear any difference.
          I'm going to be using A5 poles with an A9 magnet.

Comment

Just flat on the bottom so they attract. It was many years ago but I remember thinking, I want my 10 minutes back. It doesn't mean there would be no difference with an A9 bar in a rod mag humbucker but it suggests that maybe the effect wouldn't be as dramatic as hoped. But I always encourage experimentation so give it a shot and report back.
            Generic signature line.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
              Just flat on the bottom so they attract. It was many years ago but I remember thinking, I want my 10 minutes back. It doesn't mean there would be no difference with an A9 bar in a rod mag humbucker but it suggests that maybe the effect wouldn't be as dramatic as hoped. But I always encourage experimentation so give it a shot and report back.
              Will do, mate.

Comment

Working...
              X