'78 and P-Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '78 and P-Rails?

Guys, thinking about putting the above combo together but looking at outputs, the P-Rails as a series humbucker seems quite hefty output wise in comparison to the '78. Can anyone advise me on the following?

1) Will the two be imbalanced when I'm switching between the two?
    2) For a straight bridge pickup that's more balanced, what would you recommend for a shred sound in a swamp ash/floyd superstrat? CC?
    3) Can the P-Rails be mounted directly to wood?
    4) In terms of switching, I was going to do the following (didn't want to do the triple shot) from the 1-5 position

Bridge humbucker --> neck rail --> soapbar --> rail + soapbar --> neck humbucker (series)

What do you guys think? Any help appreciated. It's a build I'm looking at doing in the near future.
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Re: '78 and P-Rails?

No one?
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

the prails is a cool pup for sure. in series its a different sounding than a typical bucker.

when you say rail + soapbar I assume you mean in parallel? I think that would be a cool setup. the series position might be a little big compared the the 78 but I still think id be useful

Comment

Rail + P-90 in parallel is definitely a great sound. Very clear and chimey, but not as bright as the rail alone.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X