Treble bleed for Ibanez + Dimarzio Super distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treble bleed for Ibanez + Dimarzio Super distortion

Hey, i was thinking of having a treble bleed in my ibanez HSH that has a dimarzio super distortion in bridge and PAF PRO in the neck ....
    The stock treble bleed mod was a 330 pf capacitor + 500k pot on its own and was way too tinny and bright for me.... I was wondering if .001 capcitor IN SERIES with a 100k resistor would result in a more pleasant tone ?? Basically i DO want a treble bleed, however i just want one that wont be TOO tinny and trebly like with the capacitor on its own....

(and before someone says "try out a variety of combos" , i dont have time to take apart my guitar and keep soldering stuff over and over again....) I literally just want to pick a capacitor and resistor value that isnt TOO harsh..... Im tempted to try the .001 cap in series with either 100k resistor, or two 100k resistors (200k) ....
    if the 330pF cap on its own was tinny, will a .001uF + 100K (or 2x 100k) resistor be a good compromise for a Super distortion ??
    -RG Air Norton/Megadrive
    -Hard Ash Strat Amdusias set
    -JPM100 x2 PAF pro/Super D + Breed/Transition
    -Vigier Shawn Lane Aph1-n/Norton
    -Suhr SSS Strat V60/V60/ML Bridge (SSCII)
    -RG7 BKP Brutes

Re: Treble bleed for Ibanez + Dimarzio Super distortion

150k resistor and 680pf cap in parallel and 120k resistor in series.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8aad4cec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	5772195

Comment

What does having 1 resistor in series and 1 in parallel have over just 2 resistors in series with the capacitor ???
      -RG Air Norton/Megadrive
      -Hard Ash Strat Amdusias set
      -JPM100 x2 PAF pro/Super D + Breed/Transition
      -Vigier Shawn Lane Aph1-n/Norton
      -Suhr SSS Strat V60/V60/ML Bridge (SSCII)
      -RG7 BKP Brutes

Comment

You want the "air" of the top end without an actual accent in the high treble? Probably just replacing the 330pF with a 180pF will do it.

Comment

Yes, the capacitor on its own is way too bright in some guitars. I also don't like the resistor/cap in parallel - bit ice-picky in my experience.

In my guitars I use .001µf cap with a 150k resistor in series, works nicely for high or low output pups. To me, it sounds very natural when turning down - the overall timbre sounds pretty much the same.

Originally posted by ZeroCool View Post
          150k resistor and 680pf cap in parallel and 120k resistor in series.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46736[/ATTACH]
          Interesting, haven't seen this variant before.
          Originally posted by dominus
          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
            Yes, the capacitor on its own is way too bright in some guitars. I also don't like the resistor/cap in parallel - bit ice-picky in my experience.

In my guitars I use .001µf cap with a 150k resistor in series, works nicely for high or low output pups. To me, it sounds very natural when turning down - the overall timbre sounds pretty much the same.

Interesting, haven't seen this variant before.
            me neither!
            My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
            My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

The cap and resistor gives a nice treble bleed but is on//off between 0-1 and it seems more of gain reducer. With the extra resistor this creates a smoother curve esp. for volume swells.

Comment

Working...
              X