banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Duncan Sentient pickup be a good neck pair with the Duncan Distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the Duncan Sentient pickup be a good neck pair with the Duncan Distortion?

I know this been discussed quite a bunch of time, some says the 59 is a good neck pair with the duncan distortion, some says the distortion neck, or pearly gates, but anyone knows if the Sentient in the neck could do a better job than any of the previous ones regarding to feel and pick attack and warmth? I have an Ibanez Rgd2127z with the distortion in the bridge.

Re: Could the Duncan Sentient pickup be a good neck pair with the Duncan Distortion?

Ive never played a Sentient. But it was designed to pair with hot aggressive bridge humbuckers

I think its described as a mix of the 59n and jazz neck PUs

I say got for it!
    -IM

Comment

Re: Could the Duncan Sentient pickup be a good neck pair with the Duncan Distortion?

I think it would do just fine. It pairs well with the nazgul. I mainly use it for cleans and some leads, but it handles chords under high gain well too. Its a tad bit bassy, but probabaly not as much as the 59'n. I think the description of it being a mix of the 59n / Jazz'n is accurate.
      "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
      X