Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-6 - installation problem

Hi there,

I have a Vintage V100 guitar (a copy of the LP, 2x Volume, 2x Tone, 3-way switch). A year ago, I installed under the bridge SH-4, but something was missing. So I bought a new SH-6 and installed it in the same way as earlier SH-4 - completely according to the scheme (white and red on one side, green and bare to the ground, black to the best place ). Unfortunately SH-6 works very quietly and very little, as if he had half the nominal output signal (talking about strong overdrive).

As I said - this is not about the schema, I don't do it the first time. It is also not a soldering problem, I have got experience. I conected even for a moment SH-6 to Neck Volume instead of my second picku-up. Unfortunately, work the same way. Quickly installed the SH-4 - everything is ok, works as it should, kick my ears up nicely. Back SH-6 - again thinly.

Is it possible that the pickup was damaged? (I have not seen this yet ...). Whether is possible that someone mistook wires colors when during pickup assembly?

Any idea?

Re: SH-6 - installation problem

Check the pickup with a multimeter on the series connection - but not while soldered into the circuit.

If all is ok, wire it directly to the output jack and see if it sounds full and meaty then. If its ok, then there's something else with the wiring thats at fault.

Comment

Re: SH-6 - installation problem

Problem solved, the green wire was swapped with a white one Now everything is OK.

Comment

Working...
      X