banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bridge pickup at epi nighthawk for worship (funk, jazz, pop, rock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge pickup at epi nighthawk for worship (funk, jazz, pop, rock)

I've got epi nighthawk for 1 year and I'm considering changing the stock brdige pickup. Bridge pickup is slanted humbucker so I have only two options SD 59' or JB.
    My amp is Peavey classic 30 tube amp. Please help me with your experience.

Re: bridge pickup at epi nighthawk for worship (funk, jazz, pop, rock)

You could ask them to rewind the current pickups to the specs of your favorite humbuckers, it would be cheaper than going full on brand new custom shop pickups.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Re: bridge pickup at epi nighthawk for worship (funk, jazz, pop, rock)

Coming from some one who plays worship music along with various other styles either pup will be fine for what you want. What it comes down to is what do you use your bridge pup most for? Rhythm or lead stuff? What do yo want to hear from your bridge pup?

The JB is a great pup for leads and is a bit more aggressive then the 59 and is more compressed then the 59.
      The 59 is more open sounding and you can't go wrong with it for what you want.

If you want something a bit hot in the bridge and you do A LOT of leads then the JB is it.
      If you want something more vintage and open sounding then the 59 is it.

Me personally I would go with a 59 in your case.
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Working...
      X