Twang Bucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twang Bucker

I am ordering a Custom Shop Pickup an A2 Rod Magnet Trembucker with Twang Banger Manet Stagger, Winding, and Copper-Coated Steel Bottom Plate. The Slug Coil is a Left Handed APST-1 Magnet Stagger and The Screw Coil is a Right Handed APST-1 Magnet Stagger. I want to Coil Split the Twang Bucker in the Slug Coil Position. What do you think of this Trembucker Design?

Re: Twang Bucker

Complex

Clips when you've got it.

Comment

It sounds like some of the "concepts" behind the design need some serious study before you barge ahead and spend your money on this. For one thing, how can a screw coil have a magnet stagger of any kind? The screws are not permanent magnets, so the "magnet stagger" is nonexistent in a standard screw coil. And it makes little sense to specify a certain screw stagger for S.D. The screws let you set the stagger however you want, and you don't want to do that until the pickup is installed and the guitar is plugged in to an amp. It's something you would do yourself, not S.D. And there is no point in having one coil have a left handed stagger, and the other coil having a right handed stagger. It defeats the purpose of a stagger to make it all bizarre and haywire like that. IMO, you not realizing these simple things shows that spec'ing out an expensive Custom Shop pickup simply not a wise move to make. You'll do nothing but spend a lot of money to get something that will disappoint you.

Originally posted by staybobo View Post
      I am ordering a Custom Shop Pickup an A2 Rod Magnet Trembucker with Twang Banger Manet Stagger, Winding, and Copper-Coated Steel Bottom Plate. The Slug Coil is a Left Handed APST-1 Magnet Stagger and The Screw Coil is a Right Handed APST-1 Magnet Stagger. I want to Coil Split the Twang Bucker in the Slug Coil Position. What do you think of this Trembucker Design?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

If it were me, I'd keep it simple and just tell 'em I wanted a Trembucker with Twangbanger coils, regular slugs and an A2 bar magnet. And I wouldn't worry about the stagger.
        Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Working...
        X