ProLine pickup covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProLine pickup covers

Anyone tried these out? I wanna put covers on the neck pups on a couple of my guitars with DDn in them. These ProLine covers are pretty cheap, only $10.50 a pair. Am I gonna get what I pay for or should I spend a little more and just get SD covers? Is it really necessary to pot them? I was just gonna put masking tape over the slug poles. Also, I was thinking of just using a couple dabs of epoxy instead of soldering them to the baseplates. Think it would work?

Re: ProLine pickup covers

I don't know much about ProLine covers, but soldering cover to the baseplate makes a rock solid connection with ground and prevents feedback. Grounded cover equals less noise.

If your epoxy is conductive imo it wouldn't make a big difference than soldering, but the most important thing is to prevent cover from vibrating and causing feedback. so it would work as well.

That's just my .02, and maybe other more expirieced members will tell You something more.
    Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    Gibson SG Standard with Seth Lover neck/bridge hybrid with A3 in neck & Brobucker with A3 in bridge
    -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 -> Reaper -> Helix Native -> Celestion IRs -> Yamaha HPH-MT8

Less is more

Comment

Working...
    X