Isolating ground on Phat Cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolating ground on Phat Cat?

I have done this successfully on other pickups; anyone know if results are good/useful if I rewire one of two PCs and phase switch?

Re: Isolating ground on Phat Cat?

It should be no problem to use a 2 conductor + shield wire or a 4-conductor plus shield and only use what you need.

They are a bit painful to open but once there you can also experiment with magnet types.

Comment

Strange aspect of the design. There are bobbin mount holes in the P90 bobbin, why not put bobbin mount holes in the baseplate and mount it to the plate?
      Generic signature line.

Comment

Cool. I love having me a phase switch (child of the 70s).

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
          Strange aspect of the design. There are bobbin mount holes in the P90 bobbin, why not put bobbin mount holes in the baseplate and mount it to the plate?
          These are known as 'design flaws' and needed to addressed when Phat Cats get revamped. The lack of a separate ground wire, lack of baseplate screws, the too-hotly wound neck model, the weak bridge model, & the A2 magnets. The competition has left Phat Cats looking like an early attempt that wasn't fully thought-thru.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
          X