NPD....oooooooooh yeah. Lundgren M6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD....oooooooooh yeah. Lundgren M6

Look what came in the mail today. Took me a couple months to save up.Click image for larger version

Name:	lundgren_m6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	5830485
    I'll let you know how it sounds.

Re: NPD....oooooooooh yeah. Lundgren M6

Wat guitar is it going in?

����
    -IM

Comment

Finally someone buying swedish. :P

Comment

I eventually put it in my Viper baritone, which had Black Winters'.
        I was reluctant at first, because I love the BWs'.
        Anyway, I am very happy with this pickup. It does what it's supposed to do; keep things tight at low tunings.
        It's relatively low in output. Mine metered at 11.35kohms, but it still has a ton of bite and snappyness to it.
        I only used it at low volumes. Tonight I will play at rehearsal levels and I can better gauge what its all about.
        I've always been torn between using high output pickups and just lowering the pregain on my head, or using low output and pushing the pre more.
        I had been leaning toward high output, but I have to say, I still get the warmth from my amp and I get tightness.
        It's a very interesting tone.
        Last edited by SGFanatic; 10-07-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

So I used the guitar with the M6 at rehearsal volumes and it definitely lives up the the hype.
          Super tight. It sounds like I have a boost in front of my amp...No joke.
          It is treble-ly, but I like it. I like a bright guitar tone for metal (I like to use a 1meg pot), so it suits my just fine.
          The lows are there, but they don't boom out when I chug. the mids crunch (the mids are the highlight of this pickup) and the top is smoother than I expected, considering it has a ceramic magnet. Overall this pickup has amazing note separation.
          As far as the price, I guess I would say, if you need this tone it's worth it.
          Could I get by with something different? Sure, but this thing sounds bad a$$.

Comment

I have a Lundgren jazz bass pickup I've never had a place for, and the pickup looks like it was built extremely well. It even smells nice. I seriously need to get it in a instrument! How much do those buckers run?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
            Originally posted by Securb
            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

When I get my Septor 9, Johan says he'll make me an M9 €300
              Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

That's funny you mentioned the smell, because as soon as opened the box up, I noticed the odor!! That's crazy!!
                They ran me $190 new.
                Originally posted by trevorus View Post
                I have a Lundgren jazz bass pickup I've never had a place for, and the pickup looks like it was built extremely well. It even smells nice. I seriously need to get it in a instrument! How much do those buckers run?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by SGFanatic View Post
                  That's funny you mentioned the smell, because as soon as opened the box up, I noticed the odor!! That's crazy!!
                  They ran me $190 new.
                  Yeah, it is crazy - more of a just because model.

Septor 9, in natural ash, ebony fretboard and the M9 with volume control. Tuned to A#0 :P

Simple stuff.

Comment

I didn't know they were double slug, interesting.

Comment

They are indeed.

The only band I know using them is Meshuggah - not that I know any other Lundgren artists so, that's not really any kind of gauge.

Comment

You know what I did notice about these is that even though they measure pretty low on my volt meter, they have as much "gain" or output as an SH-6, for example, and definitely hotter sounding than my stock JB.
                        I wasn't completely surprised as I've read about ohms readings not being an accurate assessment of "output".
                        When I refer to output, it's output in the physical sense; relative to how much gain I need to dial in on my amp. Generally the higher output pickups need less preamp to get me where I want to be. However, this pickup changed my perception.
                        I always assumed just because any one pickup was 2 or 3k ohm difference it would be difficult to tell the "output".
                        For example, my Custom 5 reads 13-ishkohms and I have a JB that's right at 17k, and my Black Winter is 16.5k.
                        There could be an argument that the difference in what's perceived as "gain" or "output" could be placebo, or a slight output bump from the magnets. I always thought the mags had a greater impact on tone, and much less on how the pickup drives the amp. (I'm not referring to the tonal characteristics that are affected by different winds, mags, wire etc.)
                        The difference is quite noticeable between my JB and my "vintage" output pickups; the 59 or the Screamin' Demon.

Just my thoughts...
                        Last edited by SGFanatic; 10-10-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Im pretty sure the dude from Acacia Strain uses or used Lundgren
                          -IM

Comment

Working...
                          X