banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reversing the function of a phase switch in Jimmy Page wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing the function of a phase switch in Jimmy Page wiring?

currently the DOWN position is out of phase, and UP is in phase. i wanted to switch the function of the phase switch in jimmy page wiring:

how would this be done? so that DOWN is in phase, and UP is out?
    good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Re: Reversing the function of a phase switch in Jimmy Page wiring?

Switch the black and green wires. You wired the switch upside down, but that can be fixed by simply switching the wires as suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
      Switch the black and green wires. You wired the switch upside down, but that can be fixed by simply switching the wires as suggested.
      thanks for the help, but is there a way to do this at the phase switch, instead of the triple-shot ring? it would make this operation a heck of a lot easier.
      good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

I don't have experience with the triple shots, but I'm pretty sure you need to change the wires at the phase switch. If you changed the black and green at the triple shots, I think it could mess with the series/split/parallel settings. Still, it would be very easy to do and takes up as much time as it takes for the soldering iron to heat up.

Comment

Can't you just loosen the switch screw and rotate it 180 deg in the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
            Can't you just loosen the switch screw and rotate it 180 deg in the guitar.
            I'm pretty sure the OP is using a push/pull rather than a toggle switch.

Comment

The operation of the triple shot wiring will be unaffected by anything else that goes on further on down the line - the selection has already been made....its just hot and ground after that point. You just need swap the positions of the wires on the p-p lugs.

Comment

Reverse either the black and white wires at the red arrows, or the hot and ground wires at the green arrows. Not both.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snoogles.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	5772378

Comment

Working...
                X