Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Arrival PENDING...

Hey all...

I have my THIRD (which is actually a "redo" of my 2nd) Custom Shop coming via UPS tomorrow... so I am excited. I am DEBATING whether I am going to install it (with my Custom Shop BRIDGE) or WAIT until I finish recording my CD project.. However, I have NOT STARTED tracking guitars yet.. so maybe... I'll drop them in.. or just keep working on the CD till it's done... I'll never finish it if I keep getting "sidetracked." LOL!

My bridge I got in June.. and is a hotter version of a Distortion.. BUT with LESS Highs.. and more bass and mids...If I remember it sat at about 16 or 17k.. and used an Alnico 5. Seems like it would be "similar" to a "Warpig" spec wise with a little less output.. I heard my first demo of the Warpig the other day.. and WOW!! Loved it.. when I checked the specs I had to smile.. it was ALMOST identical to my bridge CS model. =)

The neck (arriving tomorrow) is based on the YJM Fury neck model... but in a side by side HB setup rather than stacked coils. According to the invoice the specs are to be the same. It was 33k on the DCR and also Alnico.. don't remember if it was A5 or something else.. would have to check the "wrong" pickup...

Stay tuned.. =)

Re: Custom Shop Arrival PENDING...

Originally posted by PeterJCruz View Post
    Hey all...

I have my THIRD (which is actually a "redo" of my 2nd) Custom Shop coming via UPS tomorrow... so I am excited. I am DEBATING whether I am going to install it (with my Custom Shop BRIDGE) or WAIT until I finish recording my CD project.. However, I have NOT STARTED tracking guitars yet.. so maybe... I'll drop them in.. or just keep working on the CD till it's done... I'll never finish it if I keep getting "sidetracked." LOL!

My bridge I got in June.. and is a hotter version of a Distortion.. BUT with LESS Highs.. and more bass and mids...If I remember it sat at about 16 or 17k.. and used an Alnico 5. Seems like it would be "similar" to a "Warpig" spec wise with a little less output.. I heard my first demo of the Warpig the other day.. and WOW!! Loved it.. when I checked the specs I had to smile.. it was ALMOST identical to my bridge CS model. =)

The neck (arriving tomorrow) is based on the YJM Fury neck model... but in a side by side HB setup rather than stacked coils. According to the invoice the specs are to be the same. It was 33k on the DCR and also Alnico.. don't remember if it was A5 or something else.. would have to check the "wrong" pickup...

Stay tuned.. =)
    What are the specs?

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

Just came home for lunch and it was waiting... Here's the specs from the box...

Alnico magnet (it has RODS by the looks of it)
      29.6k DCR (the first one was 33k)
      humbucker spacing
      and a small logo (last time it was MISSING)...
      I don't have any other specs on the box.. can I find out the Resonant peak of a pickup? Would LOVE to find that out for my BRIDGE pickup.

I may have to install these myself. =)

Comment

Awesome Peter, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. That's some seriously high DCR.

Comment

I sure will Scott.. I will LIKELY do a video for my channel on the pickups... The DCR on the neck pickup seems to VERY CLOSELY match the Fury models... so maybe these sound REALLY close.. Here's to hoping. =)
          Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
          Awesome Peter, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. That's some seriously high DCR.

Comment

Do you have a Fury to play alongside it for comparison? This is a weirdly fascinating idea to unstack stacked designs. I always assumed the lower coil was tuned to have less string sound, and more relative "noise", so I'm curious how it'll play alongside the normal coil. Such high DCR must mean some pretty thin wire.

Comment

Unfortunately I do NOT have a Fury to AB it with. I DO have a "vintage" DiMarzio HS3.. but it's NOT installed.. and it belongs in another guitar. This axe is a 2xhumbucker guitar. The other is a HSS. But the "fury" sound should be rather apparent when I play it... None of the other neck humbuckers (side by side) I've played have had much of a "single coil" sound... EXCEPT for the FG22N pickup (Frank Gambale Signature pickup) that came with my guitar... but it lacked some other qualities of the Fury that I like. The PAFPro that's in there now is NOT working for me anymore. =( The Viking will be installed. =)

Originally posted by scarr View Post
              Do you have a Fury to play alongside it for comparison? This is a weirdly fascinating idea to unstack stacked designs. I always assumed the lower coil was tuned to have less string sound, and more relative "noise", so I'm curious how it'll play alongside the normal coil. Such high DCR must mean some pretty thin wire.

Comment

still curious on how the specs compare? or are you just talking about the resistance and the magnet?

Comment

The magnets I'm guessing are "rod magnets." The box says alnico... and the pickup LOOKS like a Stag Mag.. does NOT have studs or pole pieces... looks like a "strat" pickup. The DCR listed on the box shows 29.6k. That's the only specs I know of.. beside the magnet. Would SD have the specs on file? Or would I have to "test" it to get the other specs on the pickup?

Comment

Working...
                  X