D activator vs Super distorion vs Dominion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D activator vs Super distorion vs Dominion

Hi,First i want to say i don't speak english very well, i'm argentinian, i have a basswood guitar with rosewood fretboard(Dean custom 350 Floyd) im happy with her, but i want to change de bridge pickups and i am between these:
    D activator bridge DP220 6/6/6.5 470
    Super Distortion 1 DP100 8/7.5/5.5 425
    Dominion Bridge DP245 7/9/6 360

Bass/Middle/Treble Output

I think the bests are D activator and Super distortion but i think the d activator no have couple, except d activator neck, but i don't think it's the right with basswood(4/5/8)

I hope you can help me

Re: D activator vs Super distorion vs Dominion

DActivator bridge
    LiquiFire neck

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

The difference between output is 170, Not much?

Comment

1. D Activator Set

2. Dominion Set

3. Super Distortion + Liquifire neck

Don't worry about the output. They're all hot pickups except the Dominion which is made to clean up well. D Activators are cool man. Look, you're playing on solid state amps. If you were a tube amp guy, then pickup choice is much harder. You can get away with a lot on a solid state device. You don't even need to think much about pickup output because you're not going to be looking for power tube distortion or to drive the preamp. Just buy the pickups that meet your specs on paper and use an EQ pedal to achieve your sound. You should stick to ceramic just because it makes the best metal tone. Alinco 8 is also a great sounding magnet and you can swap magnets in your Dimarzio easily to achieve different tones.
        Last edited by UberMetalDood; 10-09-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I'm really really interested in the D Activator set for a guitar build. Everything I've read about them from their description to reviews seems to fit the mold for what I'm looking for next.

Comment

When in doubt... Super Distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
              1. D Activator Set

2. Dominion Set

3. Super Distortion + Liquifire neck

Don't worry about the output. They're all hot pickups except the Dominion which is made to clean up well. D Activators are cool man. Look, you're playing on solid state amps. If you were a tube amp guy, then pickup choice is much harder. You can get away with a lot on a solid state device. You don't even need to think much about pickup output because you're not going to be looking for power tube distortion or to drive the preamp. Just buy the pickups that meet your specs on paper and use an EQ pedal to achieve your sound. You should stick to ceramic just because it makes the best metal tone. Alinco 8 is also a great sounding magnet and you can swap magnets in your Dimarzio easily to achieve different tones.
              The thing is, in the future i want to change mi solid state amp for a blackstar, blackheart, buguera, etc, a tube amp, and i was between D activator set and Super distortion + X, i think im going to D activator set, for trash and heavy modern metal because i dont like liquifire and the paf pro with SD,very very thanks for your help

Comment

I've used everything under the sun and after playing the D-Activator, D-Sonic etc, it turns out my favorite pickup was the oldest one in the Dimarzio line...the Super Distortion!

It has most of the qualities I like from an active pickup but with the awesome passive dynamics.

My favorite combo is the
                Super Distortion
                Humbucker From Hell

Comment

I just got my D Sonic and Chopper in the mail today. I found them both in cream color and they will be going into my G&L Legacy custom shop strat. Pics coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X