Solo's in neck or bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo's in neck or bridge?

Hello, i want to change my pickups and i don't know what i need, the solo's are makes in the bridge or neck? i think the riffs and thicks things makes in the bridge, in the solo's in the neck, what do you think? To boost the solos without up the volume in the solo's the pickup must to be more midle, treble or what?

Re: Solo's in neck or bridge?

Originally posted by airnorton View Post
    Hello, i want to change my pickups and i don't know what i need, the solo's are makes in the bridge or neck?
    I don't think you came here to get help, but to get some confirmation of your pre-concieved ideas.

Having said that, considering all the help you've gotten in past threads, which BTW you bluntly refused to take, now, if you lack this small but significant piece of information, one can't help but wonder: do you play guitar at all?

Comment

I think the question your trying to ask is which pickup position to use for solos?

If that is the question it really doesn't matter which one you use. Use which ever one sounds best to you.
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

I solo in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
          I solo in the middle
          So you're saying you could go either way?
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I think he means he solos in "Stuck In The Middle With You"...?

Comment

I usually use the bridge for rhythm and some solos, and the neck for a lot of solos, and certain other parts...but almost never for plain-old rhythm chords.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by airnorton View Post
                Hello, i want to change my pickups and i don't know what i need, the solo's are makes in the bridge or neck? i think the riffs and thicks things makes in the bridge, in the solo's in the neck, what do you think? To boost the solos without up the volume in the solo's the pickup must to be more midle, treble or what?

Hey there, just depends on what you like. I normally use the bridge but for some sweet and warm blues tone I'll do the neck for a solo. But you ask a thousand people you will likely get a thousand different answers. Are you playing a guitar with separate volume controls?

Comment

Novel idea, stick it in the middle!

cg
                  -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

Comment

If you have Alt8 in the bridge and Pearly Gates in the neck, you won't have to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X