need help wiring a single conductor humbucker straight to the output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help wiring a single conductor humbucker straight to the output

i have an old gibson dirty fingers(single conductor) which i want to wire straight to the output. how do i do this? do i still need to use the ground that runs from the bridge?

Re: need help wiring a single conductor humbucker straight to the output

yup, you should basically solder bridge ground wire to the ground on the output.

It will keep your guitar hum free
    Gibson SG Standard with Seth Lover neck/bridge hybrid with A3 in neck & Brobucker with A3 in bridge
    -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 -> Reaper -> Helix Native -> Celestion IRs -> Yamaha HPH-MT8

Less is more

Comment

so connect the bridge ground to the output and run the black wire from the dirty fingers to the other spot on the output?

Comment

Put the bridge ground to the ground (sleeve) lug of the output jack.
        The pickup ground (outside braid) also goes to the ground lug of the output jack.
        The inner pickup lead (black) goes to the hot (tip) of the output jack.

A trick to use for the pickup ground; solder a piece of insulated 22awg wire to the braid of the pickup lead and wrap it in electrical tape. Then solder the other end of that insulated wire to the ground lug. Makes it a lot easier to ground those types of leads.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          Put the bridge ground to the ground (sleeve) lug of the output jack.
          The pickup ground (outside braid) also goes to the ground lug of the output jack.
          The inner pickup lead (black) goes to the hot (tip) of the output jack.

A trick to use for the pickup ground; solder a piece of insulated 22awg wire to the braid of the pickup lead and wrap it in electrical tape. Then solder the other end of that insulated wire to the ground lug. Makes it a lot easier to ground those types of leads.
          thanks a lot. thats a very simple and straight forward explanation

Comment

Working...
          X