Gotoh Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotoh Pickups

Can any one give me any info on them. Some one has one for sale wanna know if it is worth anything. Its got a stamp at the back saying Gotoh Pickups Japan, no other sticker. The back was flat no pole pieces sticking out. I seen the pup yesterday it felt like it had a low/ medium wind. The bobbin colour was brownish. I managed to get a pic of the back from the net . Pole pieces were regular stud and screws.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Re: Gotoh Pickups

In general Gotoh pups sound decent. Nothing extraordinary, but they did make some sought after models in the late 70s, and early 80s in several MIJ imports and clones. Is it worth much? Chances are , not much at all.

You might wanna poke around the Tokai forum, or some other forum concentrating on old Burnys, Grecos, Ibbys,.etc.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Thanks Jeff.
      sigpic
      Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
      JFG Flying V,
      "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
      John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

I had a Gotoh PAF-style BITD,t'was a very good p/up...
        "Scalloped & Stickered"
        A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Working...
        X