Hybrid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid question

Anybody ever make any with a PG? Just curious.

Re: Hybrid question

I've made some hybrids and had some made for me. Haven't used PG coils though. What are you thinking about doing? Neck or bridge hybrid? For a neck hybrid, I combine a coil from a neck PAF with a bridge PAF (you can mix models and brands), which is usually a 3.8K and a 4.2 coil. Works great for opening up the high-end and thinning out some mids. One of my favorite neck hybrids is a Duncan '59B and a Gibson 50SR (from an Epi Elitist). Because hybrids are brighter (less HB cancelling of treble, and less HB addition of midrange), I use warm magnets in them.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Re: Hybrid question

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
      I've made some hybrids and had some made for me. Haven't used PG coils though. What are you thinking about doing? Neck or bridge hybrid? For a neck hybrid, I combine a coil from a neck PAF with a bridge PAF (you can mix models and brands), which is usually a 3.8K and a 4.2 coil. Works great for opening up the high-end and thinning out some mids. One of my favorite neck hybrids is a Duncan '59B and a Gibson 50SR (from an Epi Elitist). Because hybrids are brighter (less HB cancelling of treble, and less HB addition of midrange), I use warm magnets in them.
      I've been thinking of trying out a PG/C hybrid and a PG/Jazz hybrid. Sorta like the 59 based hybrids, but different, ya know?

Comment

Working...
      X