NPD: PRS Tremonti bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: PRS Tremonti bridge

since I've been spending more time with other brands of pickups the past several weeks, I was reminded of how much I liked the bridge pickup in the PRS Tremonti model. bright. punchy. very loud. tons of sustain. through some Columbus Day promotions and an additional coupon code, I picked up this bad boy for about $40.

I saw that PRS was going with the squared-off design for some of their models and it appears this one is like that. wasn't expecting this style to show up, but it fit into every pickup ring I tried it in. had a few options to go with, but I decided to throw it in the mahogany Ibby RBM model.

really cool rock pickup. lots of bite and lots of sustain. it's cool that Paul spends so much time working on pickups, as this is a really cool design that sets the brand apart a little as well as being able to retrofit without modifications.

Re: NPD: PRS Tremonti bridge

Look like an asian p'up from the '60s.

Comment

I really like Tremontis sound. I know hes playin thru cranked Mesas but still, hes a great player and has great tone
      -IM

Comment

The Tremonti is ideed a cool pickup, so nice score! It was actually originally based on the Gibson 500T (which he had been using in his Les Paul).

Have you had a chance to try an OG Dragon1 pickup Darth? They are one of my favourite high output 'buckers!

Comment

Originally posted by VHTJay View Post
          The Tremonti is ideed a cool pickup, so nice score! It was actually originally based on the Gibson 500T (which he had been using in his Les Paul).

Have you had a chance to try an OG Dragon1 pickup Darth? They are one of my favourite high output 'buckers!
          never been clear on what the Tremonti bridge was based on. I've read a few things, but since he was playing a LP before he got with PRS, that makes sense. even better, since it probably pisses of Henry even more. lol!

outside of this one, I've only owned the Dragon II, which came in the neck of the Tremonti model I had for a while (no body would install a Floyd on it for me, so it had to go). whenever I've played a PRS in a store, the do always sound fine. they also have a \m/ Pickup ( http://www.prsaccessories.com/products/metal-pickup ), which I think is directed toward the metal crowd. but like I said, I think I'm liking the direction that Paul is taking his pickup designs since he's be focusing more on that while he has people running his office. pretty novel idea.

Comment

i had a SC250 USA model which was the same set without covers (at the time). Personally I found them the harshest grainiest hard midrange sounding set of Ceramic pups I have ever owned. It made 500t/496 sound like A2 Pros.

More power to you (no pun intended).

I never have thought Pauls pups were very good, but I do not mind the mccarty set or dragon II bridge (what eventually ended up in my 250)
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
            X