banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberator with JB (b) + Hot rails (m) + hot rails (n)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberator with JB (b) + Hot rails (m) + hot rails (n)

Good Evening.

My doubt is: How can I accomodate JB (b) + Hot rails (m) + hot rails (n) + 1 Tone + 5 positions switch in a Liberator Pot? (no split)

I need to know if it is possible, because I ordered a hand made guitar and I need to know if I can use Liberator with this pickup set.

I īve never tried Liberator pot before. I suppose it can accomodate just two humbuckers, but I heard that it can accomodate more than 2.

Please, help me.
    Last edited by Firesondragon; 10-17-2013, 10:39 PM.

Re: Liberator with JB (b) + Hot rails (m) + hot rails (n)

anybody??

Comment

Re: Liberator with JB (b) + Hot rails (m) + hot rails (n)

Technically the liberator is designed to wire up two 4-conductor pickups. If you were wiring up phase/splitting or other switches I would advise getting two liberators so that you wouldn't have to redo all the electronics when you change pickups; this is where the liberator shines. HOWEVER, if you're not going to do all of that you should be able to get away with using one liberator. You can use the live and ground connectors for two of your pickups just as indicated on the specs and you SHOULD be able to use one of the red/white terminals (for SD pickups) that will be left over to wire the third pickup to the switch...this is assuming that your red and white wires from the pickups themselves will be soldered together and taped off (so those terminals on the liberator will just be empty and they are essentially just wire extenders, so you should be able to use an unused port as long as you recognize it won't be "color" specific anymore.

Am I making sense to you? I've never tried this, but I don't see where it would be a problem.
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
      X