X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup to pair with Full Shred

Hey there folks !

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I seek advice on neck pickups. First of all, my guitar is schecter omen extreme - bolt on maple neck / rosewood fingerboard, mahogany body / maple top (real maple top, the quilted maple is just a veneer though), runing 3 way and single volume (! keep that in mind).

After JB and distortion I have setled onto the Full Shred. Hands down, best bridge pickup I have used. Period. Now onto neck pickups - had jazz neck there before. It was ok, nothing special. I need bit more of that weedly doodly neck pickupish sound. So far I have thought of trying 59 and Full Shred neck, but I'm open to suggestions. Oh, yeah, I'm playing modern metal, but I'm also a big fan of that old-school sweedish death metal sound.

Thanks in advance !

Re: Neck pickup to pair with Full Shred

Full Shred Neck is the obvious choice. Its brilliant too. I say you go with it.
    http://www.lonephantom.com
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

I second the full shred neck. It's brilliant.

Comment

Third.

Comment

Well, it was my top pick anyway. But you know what, I kinda miss that JBish lead tone. I heard it sounds different in the neck. If I wire it in paralel and put it in the neck position, it will still be too hot to balance with Full Shred, right ?

Comment

Full shred neck.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X