banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

distortion tb-6 in basswood ibanez rgd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distortion tb-6 in basswood ibanez rgd??

Hi there, using a tb-6 in my slim mahogany s series tuned to c#. Absolutely love it.

Just got myself an ibanez rgd 320 basswood 26.5 scale. Just want to know if a distortion will be ok I there or too much?
    All the Gear and No Idea!!

Re: distortion tb-6 in basswood ibanez rgd??

Same tuning? What amp? What music? What sounds?

Hell go for it
    -IM

Comment

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
      Same tuning? What amp? What music? What sounds?

Hell go for it
      Most likely, thinking of using the rgd for my metal band in c# and use my s series for lessons tuned back to standard with drop d mod on thr zr bidge or something.

Currently using a peavey vypyr 75 (surprisingly great sounding practice amp) looking at a jvm 205h after Christmas. Music is very dark brutal metal.

Love the throaty sound and attack I get out of it in my S will basswood make things too trebley??

Comment

Got the guitar yesterday. Stock pups were god awful so decided to swap the distortion and jazz out of my s series to try it. To my suprise the jazz has a much beefier bluesy tone in the rgd than the s the distortion single coil esque twang is more present and much heavier sounding. Thought with it being basswood things wounld be ridiculously bright but things are sweet. Would the baritone scale make things lower register?? Little confused but very happy wirh the out come.

Comment

Working...
        X