banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G&L Guitars Are Awesome... BUT THE PICKGUARDS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L Guitars Are Awesome... BUT THE PICKGUARDS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!

I've never paid more than $25 for a Fender pickguard, even for pearloid colors. Check out the hack job I did on my beautiful G&L Legacy SSS. I used a box cutter to hack the humbucker square and drilled the holes with a Swiss Army knife drill thing. I figured I would just go online and get a new pickguard and enjoy my new pickups for the mean time, but I got online and they are expensive. If you can't find an HH or HSS, you have to have it made and they generally run around $50 for a 3-ply plain color. I bit the bullet and ordered one though. I just couldn't wait to put the new pickups in man, you know how it goes

Well it's the pickups that counts. Here's a D-Sonic and Chopper. Great clean sounds with both pickups, the D-Sonic is much more useful than for metal. I've been getting some great Satch tones out of it. The Chopper, of course, is phenomenal.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Re: G&L Guitars Are Awesome... BUT THE PICKGUARDS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!

Is that from G&L?
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Got this G&L Legacy back last year,always wanted a white pearl pickguard on it but it cost $65......

Gave it up finally :P

Got these knobs for it fo only $25...it's some kind of "river stone" on rosewood

Last edited by jasperx01; 10-21-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Have you tried here?

Nope...

Comment

Also, outside of the bridge route, how to regular Strat pickguards line up with everything else?
          Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by jasperx01 View Post
            Got this G&L Legacy back last year,always wanted a white pearl pickguard on it but it cost $65......

Got these knobs for it fo only $25...it's some kind of "river stone" on rosewood

Wow! That's a sick guitar. G&L's are sooooo underrated.

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
            Yep

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
            Also, outside of the bridge route, how to regular Strat pickguards line up with everything else?
            Not sure but I lined up one of my strat pickguards with my G&L pickguard and in order for the pickup holes to match up straight, the pickguards differed substantially in angle. One was pointed straight across and the other was a bit diagonal. There is also, apparently, a significant difference between G&L USA and G&L Tribute pickguards.

Comment

Chander Guitars (AKA Pickguard Heaven) produce G&L's pickguards for them. They are the best source, by far. See the very bottom of this Webpage: http://www.glguitars.com/support/index2.asp.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Yeah,I was shopping for Cr/Blk/Cr for my Epi Explorer,about $40 as well...
                "Scalloped & Stickered"
                A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by jasperx01 View Post

I think for that guitar I'd spend the $65! That'd look seriously sweet with white pearl. Plenty sweet as it is!
                  "It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm Peterson

Comment

sold it finally cos i found that im not a single coil guy at all.....:P

Comment

$25 for a mirror pickguard for my RG2550:

Now I don't have to deal with a stupid hole where the middle single used to be. I might actually get get a HxH pickguard for any future HSH Ibanez RG's, even if they don't have pickguards.

Comment

Working...
                      X