banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Connect not included with pcikup - where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Connect not included with pcikup - where to buy?

Hello I recently purchased the Mick Thomson AHB-3 Blackout bridge pickup and was under the impression that everything I needed to install it was going to be included with the pick up.

After getting half way through installation I realized that the "quick connect" cable is not included. I am trying to change my passive pickups in my Jackson to active and do not have anything like this on hand.

My questions are - how/where to buy the quick connect cable, how much does it cost, and why would it not be included with pickup purchase? I am having a lot of trouble trying to find this thing...

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Re: Quick Connect not included with pcikup - where to buy?

As to where: Guitarelectronics.com has them, provided the Blackout pinout is the same as EMGs (I'm pretty sure it is, according to this: http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/...501020-140.pdf ). They're about 6.95 a piece, or something similar. Guitarelectronics is pretty good with shipping quickly, too...

As to why they weren't in the box - ask Seymour Duncan Support. This is the Users Forum. We're a pretty friendly and helpful bunch, but we're here for the fun of it. Good luck.
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I'd call headquarters...
      "Scalloped & Stickered"
      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Thanks I've been told the EMG ones are similar but different wiring config so I'd have to tear it apart and rewire it to get it to work. I'm looking to avoid that if possible lol.

Sorry about the "why wasn't it in the box" question should have realized this is user forum. My bad just wondering if others have bought blackouts and had the quick connect in the box?

Comment

You won't have to tear anything apart. On the EMGs, the left-most pin is the red (power), the middle is ground, the right is output - same as the Blackouts in the diagram I linked to up there.

Now, you may not be able to use EMG accessories... but it'd be worth a shot to try. I think EMGs use different pot values, though... I don't have time to look right now, sorry.
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Same pots 25k so should be good to go, thanks for your help man I've got one on order will report back with how it turns out!

Comment

Working...
            X