banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How close could yet get to an EMG-707 tone if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How close could yet get to an EMG-707 tone if...

... you replaced the ceramics in Blackouts with an Alnico 5..?
    Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Re: How close could yet get to an EMG-707 tone if...

How would you even do that?

Aren't blackouts sealed in epoxy?

Comment

Simple, sell the Blackout and buy the EMG 707. That's assuming that you're looking for an EMG 707 tone.

Comment

Yeah,I thought they were sealed up,too...
        "Scalloped & Stickered"
        A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

You're describing the neck Blackout. It's alnico and sounds very similar to the EMG 707 when used in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarjunkie986 View Post
            You're describing the neck Blackout. It's alnico and sounds very similar to the EMG 707 when used in the bridge.
            I did see that in the sourcebook. They do it in 7 string don't they..?

To the guys above, I was thinking a new pickup rather than breaking one apart. I already have a 707 but, I prefer using SD's so, I want that logo on all of my pickups (legitimately - not putting sticker over the EMG - disrespectful to both companies)

Do you think an A5 Blackouts Metal in 7 (still with the jumper system) would get it..?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMetalRob View Post
              I did see that in the sourcebook. They do it in 7 string don't they..?

To the guys above, I was thinking a new pickup rather than breaking one apart. I already have a 707 but, I prefer using SD's so, I want that logo on all of my pickups (legitimately - not putting sticker over the EMG - disrespectful to both companies)

Do you think an A5 Blackouts Metal in 7 (still with the jumper system) would get it..?
              Yes, the Blackout 7 neck position is available in both sizes, and as an individual pickup.

As for the Blackouts Metal A5 in a 7-string version, that is gonna be a Custom Shop option. And I'm guessing it's gonna be expensive as hell to make - Derek quoted me $450 each for a Blackout 7 that's identical to an EMG 707TW, so brace yourself for a sticker shock if that's what you really want.

Comment

Originally posted by Despised View Post
                Yes, the Blackout 7 neck position is available in both sizes, and as an individual pickup.

As for the Blackouts Metal A5 in a 7-string version, that is gonna be a Custom Shop option. And I'm guessing it's gonna be expensive as hell to make - Derek quoted me $450 each for a Blackout 7 that's identical to an EMG 707TW, so brace yourself for a sticker shock if that's what you really want.
                If it gets the tone, it's worth it right..? Also, it's not the most expensive quote I've had from SD..

Comment

The standard AHB-1 Neck 7 string is Alnico if I'm not mistaken. I have it and when used in the bridge sounds close to a 707. Not identical, but definitely right in the same ballpark.

Comment

Working...
                  X