Nighthawk-style wiring - HSH SuperSwitch content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nighthawk-style wiring - HSH SuperSwitch content

Hey all, long-time lurker, first-time poster - actually I tried to post this yesterday but for some reason it didn't make it past a moderator.

Basically, I came across this schematic for the original 3-pickup Gibson Nighthawk's somewhat idiosyncratic wiring, but I can't quite see how all the switch positions would work, particularly those on the triple-single coil side of the switch (on the left in the illustration). It's drawn for Haussel conductor colours, but I gather that red corresponds with Duncan's black, green and black correspond with red and white (doesn't appear to matter which is which) and white is Duncan's green, soldered to ground with the shield.

Can anybody shed some light on whether/how this diagram would operate? The switching is supposed to be normal 5-way Strat with the push-pull out, and bridge hum/bridge and neck hum/neck hum/bridge hum and middle single/neck and bridge single with the pot pushed in. It seems a very efficient use of minimal controls and I'd like to get it working on an HSH SuperStrat.

Much obliged for your help,

Thom
    If you can't operate a soldering iron, stick to acoustic.
Working...
X