Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Sorry,need you guys.

HI,
    right in the middle of putting a guitar together, I'm sick of tight pots, like you are, and as I got ready to solder the 500K pots I use on everything, I found what can only be a Bourns pot. I know where it might have come, doesn't matter. It has a big B on the bottom with small numbers on the bottom 11 45 or 11 46, not sure. writing on the top face of the pot looking down the shaft says 10A500K. and it spins like a top. Is this a real good pot. top end like gibson 500k? nice and top end. will be used as is, no tone pot. any reason the gibson would be better sounding?
    I shoulda looked into this earlier, i'm sorry. really. so, should I go with it. it'll be on a strat with a bridge humbucker, SH-2, 7.7K jazz pick up to be close to the other pickups in tone and volume. must be h-bucker.
    got a stack S-4 bridge, fender 57/62 middle. the bridge WAS an S. Lover w/A5 mag but too much for the rest of the guitar. i am confident this will be an all round great instrument after years of reading the forum and trying things on my own. eager to go forward but need to know about this pot I have.
    I trust you guys most. sorry long post. give full story so no need for questions
    so what do you say besides shorten the post?
    steve b.- buttin' in.

Re: Help!! Sorry,need you guys.

Gotta but in one last time. I promise.
    Really....... no one? I know you folks are very smart about these things. I would pay you if I could.
    sb
    Last edited by SJ318; 10-28-2013, 03:11 AM. Reason: need knowledge I don't have.

Comment

Sounds like an Audio taper 500K pot. Most seem to think that as long as the pot is semi decent all is ok. You'll probably hear much more difference with going from 500k to 250k than what the difference is with pot quality.

Comment

I use the EVH low friction pots for volume controls, they are Bourns, I love them but I.ve never really looked them over that well. Duncan has the YJM pots. After trying the low frictions I'll never switch back.
        I want more me in my tone.

Comment

Yeah,
          You folks must be right. I think it came from an Eric Johnson guitar that a friend wanted me to change up quite a bit. He did not want that pot. I remember now. So I'll look up Bourns on their website, they must have one. I think it came from an Eric J. set up he got on E-Bay, pre-wired i believe. I'll call him too, but now it is coming back to me. I agree, I want to keep a fast volume pot always. Might have to change my others.
          sb

Comment

Working...
          X