banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nazgul Review - THANK YOU KEITH MERROW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazgul Review - THANK YOU KEITH MERROW!!!

A while back, I talked to Keith Merrow at SD and asked about 7-string bridge humbuckers. As expected, he had a great deal of experience with them. I really hated the stock pickup that came in the bridge of this guitar and wanted to change it the moment I heard it. I was leaning towards the Pegasus, but Keith was telling me that for the sound I wanted (thrash-metal) the Nazgul was the way to go. He’d given me some input in the past and was right, so I decided to heed his advice. Boy am I glad I did! The Nazgul NAILED the tone I was looking for! It’s got lots of definition and keeps your low B from being flabby or woofy. Lots of articulation, but it doesn’t over-do it in the treble area. Cleans are surprisingly excellent! Clean or dirty there is a lot of good articulation, but again, it doesn’t go too far. While some people might consider this a bad thing, the pickup isn’t as hot as I expected. To me, it’s perfect: plenty of output, but just enough to push your amp and overdrive while not going nuts. Overall, I think SD really hit it out of the park with this pickup!

Keith, THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE! I PAY HOMAGE TO YOU!!!
    MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Re: Nazgul Review - THANK YOU KEITH MERROW!!!

Gorgeous guitar. I agree its not a super hot pickup. The cleans full and split are ****ing killer

Handles light OD and high gain with clarity. Its super compressed which i love and hate
    Amazing pickup
    -IM

Comment

Nazgul Review - THANK YOU KEITH MERROW!!!

+ 1!

Thanks to Keith and the SDUGF for suggesting I try the Nazgül. I too was surprised when it was not as hot as the SH-6. But I can say its much more aggressive. The articulation and the clarity are insane. I'm getting the best sounds I've ever gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Hey ExplorersRock, glad you liked the Nazgul. I'll be sure to let Keith know!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
          Hey ExplorersRock, glad you liked the Nazgul. I'll be sure to let Keith know!
          Thank you, Scott! Yeah the cleans on this pickup are outstanding. Inder_Cine_Man... thanks for the compliment! It's an Agile and surprisingly good for the money.
          MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

Working...
          X