banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Gibson Les Paul pickup change questions! HELP! Quick connect & Color code issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Gibson Les Paul pickup change questions! HELP! Quick connect & Color code issues

I have a 2013 USA Gibson Les Paul Premium with Burstbucker Pro's, coil splitting and true bypass switching. The Burstbucker Pro in the bridge is horrible, so I bought a JB and installed it. The new electronics are quick connect. I snipped the wire an 1-1/2" up and soldered in the new pickup. I did match the colors. I can't find anything on this to troubleshoot. Does the color code differ from the Gibson color code? I do like all the options with the electonics, but the burstbucker pro sounds like a Danelectro lipstick pickup played with a rusty nail. Haha
    Last edited by Lewayno; 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM.

Re: 2013 Gibson Les Paul pickup change questions! HELP! Quick connect & Color code is

I have figured out the wiring and everything is working as it should. Now it is buzzing out of control. Help! What should I check. It is grounded. All wires soldered clean and covered.

Comment

Re: 2013 Gibson Les Paul pickup change questions! HELP! Quick connect & Color code is

If the pickup wires are 4condutor+shield then make sure the shield is connected to mass.

Comment

Working...
      X