Inform me on the Blues Saraceno!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inform me on the Blues Saraceno!

For those of you who have tried it in the neck, did you have any problems due to the wider string spacing at the neck? I've never tried it in the neck spot, but I can imagine it would sound great. You'd probably need a slightly hotter bridge pickup for it to balance properly, as the Blues is wound hotter than the other PAF-style neck pickups in the Duncan lineup.

I've said all along that Duncan needs to make this pickup in a standard-spaced, standard polepiece version. They have separate versions of the distortion, I don't know why they couldn't do the same with the Blues. I really think it would be a huge seller, and a lot of the guys who use a '59, Demon, or C5 would probably be interested.
    Not to mention all the people who want to try it, but are put off by the different look and the lack of a standard spaced version.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
      For those of you who have tried it in the neck, did you have any problems due to the wider string spacing at the neck? I've never tried it in the neck spot, but I can imagine it would sound great. You'd probably need a slightly hotter bridge pickup for it to balance properly, as the Blues is wound hotter than the other PAF-style neck pickups in the Duncan lineup.

I've said all along that Duncan needs to make this pickup in a standard-spaced, standard polepiece version. They have separate versions of the distortion, I don't know why they couldn't do the same with the Blues. I really think it would be a huge seller, and a lot of the guys who use a '59, Demon, or C5 would probably be interested.
      Not to mention all the people who want to try it, but are put off by the different look and the lack of a standard spaced version.

Ryan
      This is one of the things that interests me about putting a Distortion Trembucker in the bridge, mated to a Blues Saraceno in the neck of my Patriot. It has an unusually wide hardtail bridge. String spacing at the neck is 52.5mm. The Blues pole-peice spacing is 52.578 - almost perfect.

My bridge spacing extends that out a bit to 55mm. So the Distortion Trembucker will work great. (Not to be confused with the trem-spaced Distortion.

The Blues is 9.8k with an A5, and the Distortion is 21.3k (Yowsa), with a ceramic. I'm hoping those two will go together well. I was thinking that a bridge version of the Original Trembucker might work good too, at 15.7k A5.

Either way, they'ld all have the same pole-oeice style and would look great.
      Hopefully - would sound killer too. I should be finding out fairly soon.

Comment

I don't remember having any problems with string spacing in the neck. I don't have it permanently installed in any of my guitars. When I built my swamp ash strat, I bought a second pickguard routed for humbuckers so that I could do a little experimenting. From what I remember:

(1) The Blues sounds great in the neck
        (2) The 59b sounds awful in the neck
        (3) The Blues and an A2 59 sound great in the bridge
        (4) An A2 Blues in the brtidge is too dark
        (5) An A2 Blues/59 hybrid gets really close to that brown sound (an A5 was too bright and thin)
        This machine kills fascists

Comment

it sounds like
          SD CUSTOM SHOP BIU VARIATIONS.
          Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
          Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
          Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
          Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
          Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
          Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
          Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
          Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shnook
            Your welcome Artietoo.

And Biu, I too use a 5150 Combo and the Blues Trembucker is an excellent match for that amp. Really warm solid sound.
            Sweet! That was my main concern, if it would sound good under high-gain like that of a 5150. I'm assuming it excels in cleaner blues environments, yeah? That would be nice too because my guitar teacher is against aftermarket pups, and it would be sweet victory if I could blues it up with the Blues Saraceno and show him the ways of the Duncans

Well, looks like that's another pup to add to the wishlist
            Watch My Videos
            Photography
            www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
            "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
            X