Resistor Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor Values

How do resistor values run, are lower numbers brighter or warmer? A 470K resistor makes a 500K pot sound like a 250K. So what resistor value would make a 500K sound like 350 or 400K pot?
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Re: Resistor Values

Reverse engineered resistor calculator resistor - search of R1 and R2 with known total resistance iteration resistor calculation - Eberhard Sengpiel sengpielaudio
    Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
    http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Resistor Values

Approx 720k to 1M for 300k. 2M for 400k.

Raise the resistor to get closer the pot value. Lower it to make the parallel value smaller.

Keep in mind, that resistor is constant meaning it will always be seen where as the pot is variable resistance. I haven't tried using a 500k pot with a 1M or 2M resistor on parallel but my guess is it wouldn't work too well. That's a lot of added resistance in there. Then again, it might be what you're wanting.
      Last edited by ErikH; 11-01-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Resistor values come in standard values, so you could do 680k or 750k.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          Resistor values come in standard values, so you could do 680k or 750k.
          Thanks!
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
          X