X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alnico 7 mags - Aria Pro II

Pretty intriguing.

Re: Alnico 7 mags - Aria Pro II

I've sampled every Alnico grade there is, but none of my suppliers had something they called A7.

However, there IS an Alnico grade officially recognized by the MMPA, called Alnico 5-7, and that's what I think the Aria verbatim was referring to.

I've sampled this particular grade from four different suppliers, two Chinese, an Italian and an American, but it was *not* of *my* liking. It had a lot of power, but it sounded harsher and even more "scooped" than the "normal" A5 grade. YMMV.

There you have it!

Comment

i remember seeing alnico 5-7 on a composition chart a while back, might be something similar?
      those guitars look sweet, what are they worth?

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
        i remember seeing alnico 5-7 on a composition chart a while back, might be something similar?
        those guitars look sweet, what are they worth?
        Try downloading some catalogs from Arnoldmagnetics:

I, for one, am a huge fan of Matsumoku-made and Terada-made guitars from early '80s, when they were at their peak.

My #1 guitar is Terada-made in 1981:

Construction-wise and Tonewood-wise, EVERYTHING in it is TOP NOTCH.

Enjoy!
        Last edited by LtKojak; 11-02-2013, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
          I've sampled every Alnico grade there is, but none of my suppliers had something they called A7.

However, there IS an Alnico grade officially recognized by the MMPA, called Alnico 5-7, and that's what I think the Aria verbatim was referring to.

I've sampled this particular grade from four different suppliers, two Chinese, an Italian and an American, but it was *not* of *my* liking. It had a lot of power, but it sounded harsher and even more "scooped" than the "normal" A5 grade. YMMV.

There you have it!
          Sounds like it might sound more like a ceramic. I might be interested in trying some of those.

Comment

Working...
          X