HELP urgently needed with DiMarzio HS wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP urgently needed with DiMarzio HS wiring

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the HS pickup configuration below? The bridge is DiMarzio Deactivator and the neck is Air Norton S. The diagram in DiMarzio site uses a EP1112 switch (whatever the hell it is) while mine is a standard 5-way switch with 1 volume and 1 tone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HH5way_RG3XXV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	5830698

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Brian Griffin; 11-02-2013, 07:02 AM.

Re: HELP urgently needed with DiMarzio HS wiring

If I recall correctly, the switch you speak of has a PCB on one side of the switch, as such a simple 5-way won't work... You'll need a super-switch... It has 5 detented positions, but 20-something solder lugs...

Can you confirm this for me?
    ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Re: HELP urgently needed with DiMarzio HS wiring

Originally posted by gordon_39422 View Post
      If I recall correctly, the switch you speak of has a PCB on one side of the switch, as such a simple 5-way won't work... You'll need a super-switch... It has 5 detented positions, but 20-something solder lugs...

Can you confirm this for me?
      The switch that comes in the guitar looks something like this with a square panel (as opposed to a round) on the side,
      Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	5772741

don't know if that's what you are talking about. Actually I got the guitar (Ibanez RG3 XXV LB) new but it comes with this imperfection right out of the factory. It's the only one left so I can't exchange it. So I don't know...can it be done without a superswitch or the switch installed was a wrong one?
      Last edited by Brian Griffin; 11-02-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X