banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Shop Pickup: ordering your own pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Pickup: ordering your own pickup?

hi, im considering ordering a custom version of a pickup seymour does not currently make. im wondering what the turn around time is on a pickup you custom order, such as for a 8 string guitar. i know the cost is quite high at $285. im wondering how long it takes to order just about anything from the custom shop that isnt a production model.
    There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer The Wills, the Wont's, and the cant's. The Wills accomplish everything, the Wont's oppose everything, and the cant's won't try anything. - V.I.N.CENT

Re: Custom Shop Pickup: ordering your own pickup?

I've only ordered 6 string pups from the CS, but the turnaround has been pretty quick. Never more than a month I think. The turnaround gets long if you have to have something fabricated such as the Charlie Christian pups.
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

im looking at a benedetto 8 string b6. its in the not so distant future, and they seemed kinda shocked by the request but said it can be done.
      There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer The Wills, the Wont's, and the cant's. The Wills accomplish everything, the Wont's oppose everything, and the cant's won't try anything. - V.I.N.CENT

Comment

Probably because most guys wanting 8 strings are wanting HOT winds.
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Since this is just a user forum, best thing would be to call the custom shop.

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

i ordered one and the turnaround was really good. a couple of days plus shipping time.

considering they already make 8 string humbuckers, i'm sure it's not a problem.

Comment

its for a neck pickup, i only use for clean stuff. i do however wondered about any form of custom orders like mods to already stock pups they make in the custom shop.

Comment

It always depends...the more fabrication the longer the wait and the closer to NAMM or another big event the longer the wait.
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                X