So i actually love the JB in this guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i actually love the JB in this guitar

Since this guitar is pretty much used only for metal, it works perfectly. Since this is a darker sounding guitar, there's no upper mid spike. It's extremy tight and punchy when palm muting.

I didnt want to break up the whole tactical theme, but pretty much all marines wear white socks in the field anyway......

Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Re: So i actually love the JB in this guitar

I've rocked the JB in a couple super strats. It has worked well for me and I'm glad it works well for you. Maybe someone would trade a black one for it sometime or something...
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

JB + superstrat = win

every friggin time.

Comment

This is an M100 right? I have had an On and Off GAS for the M50. I think almost similar but with a non locking trem.
        sigpic
        Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
        JFG Flying V,
        "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
        John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
          JB + superstrat = win

every friggin time.
          i hated it for a long time after trying it in a couple of mahogany/maple/set neck guitars. finally got around to a basswood/bolt-on. it's staying put.

Originally posted by Jocelyn View Post
          This is an M100 right? I have had an On and Off GAS for the M50. I think almost similar but with a non locking trem.
          the M-50 has 22 frets and a strat tremolo. not bad if you know how to deal with the strat tremolo.

Comment

JB's rock way hard in fender style solidbodies. Win.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

hey man, you don't use DDn in the bridge anymore?
              Originally posted by GuitarDoc
              Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_seven View Post
                hey man, you don't use DDn in the bridge anymore?
                I used it in the H-401FM i sold a while back.

Comment

why do you sell it? DDn wasn't working for you? how does it compare to JB?
                  Originally posted by GuitarDoc
                  Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_seven View Post
                    why do you sell it? DDn wasn't working for you? how does it compare to JB?
                    in that particular guitar, the JB was terrible, and the DDn was a little too sharp for that guitar too. the custom 8 was golden in that one. i sold it to buy my JSX.

Comment

the JB is the best HB in the world. i love it.

Comment

Metal strat w/ Floyd? I'd have recommended a JB out of the gate.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                        X