any love for the little 59 bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any love for the little 59 bridge

I'm really note very happy with the bridge pickup in this strat. I would also prefer to stay with the SSS set-up. So, should i go with the little 59 or a full size humbucker (pearly gates?)?

Re: any love for the little 59 bridge

The little '59 is lame.

The little demon is nice if you want to stay Strat size.

Comment

Who makes the Little Demon?

Comment

IMO either go with a different single or a full sized humbucker. I haven't played any single-sized humbuckers that I like as much as either a true single or a true humbucker.

If you just want more output, go with whatever the hot tapped for strat is (I forget the model designation).

If you want more output and a fatter sound, go for one of the parallel axis trembuckers. I also really like the p-rails in the bridge of a strat, which if you wire it for all the options would cover the most ground sonically.
        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
        I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Originally posted by deolexrex View Post
          Who makes the Little Demon?
          SD's little version of the screaming demon. Looks the same as the little '59.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
            The little '59 is lame.

The little demon is nice if you want to stay Strat size.
            Love the lil demon in the bridge. That thing is outstanding.

Comment

hmmm, what choices would go in the neck and middle for the L'il Demon?

What neck and middle for the p-rails?

Comment

I just changed out my strat bridge with a lil' screamin' demon. Don't know why I put up with that Kinman bridge PU so long. Sounds great. Not too powerful, blends with the Kinman neck and middle very well. Actually has some bottom!

Comment

I have love for the lil 59 both tele and strat. I haven't tried a lil demon but I want to. maybe my next project.

Comment

hmmm, what choices would go in the neck and middle for the L'il Demon?

What neck and middle for the p-rails?
                    I have another lil demon in the neck, obviously that pairs well. The Duckbucker in the middle does not, there is a big drop in volume. I would like to try a cool rails or something similar in at least the middle position.

Comment

Seems to me that Dimarzio's single sized buckers get great reviews. Never played one but I sure like their designs that rely on innovative tech vs Duncan for vintage accuracy.

Comment

I really dug the lil59 in the bridge of a Strat that I had. It had decent balance, a great classic rock and blues sound when straight into my 68 Bassman...overall, a cool pup. Have not tried the lil Demon.

I've used the DMZ Chopper, and it also is a great pup. It is in the same general output category as the lil59, but a bit brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by tonaholic View Post
                          Seems to me that Dimarzio's single sized buckers get great reviews. Never played one but I sure like their designs that rely on innovative tech vs Duncan for vintage accuracy.
                          The Tone Zone S that I had was a muddy mess compared to the lil Demon.

Comment

I'm really note very happy with the bridge pickup in this strat. I would also prefer to stay with the SSS set-up. So, should i go with the little 59 or a full size humbucker (pearly gates?)?
                            what bridge pickup are you using now and what is it that it's no doing for you? what do you want more/less of? why type of music are you playing and/or what sort of tones are you wanting to get? what kind of guitar are you playing (i.e., woods)?

you'll be able to get a lot more valuable input once the people giving answers know more about your situation.

Comment

Please see additional details here.

Comment

Working...
                              X