Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High Output Humbuckers?

Originally posted by LonePhantom View Post
    Did you get the US made Adrian Smith sig, or the import cheaper model? Guessing by your initial post you got the import one with the basswood body and Jackson branded pickups. You might actually want to try a real deal Super Distortion in the bridge, it'll most likely be worlds ahead of the stock one, and give you what you are after. Failing that, the Duncan Custom would be brilliant too. It sounds amazing in basswood.
    Originally posted by ~Vintage~ View Post
    Another vote for the "real" Super Distortion. And an all tube head to drive your two 4x12's.
    Originally posted by uOpt View Post
    Write-only poster?

Did we ever find out what specific version of this guitar this is and which pickup he currently dislikes?
    Looks like we scared him off, but he did say "San Dimas" rather than "SDX", so I was thinking that he had the real thing.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Much obliged to all who helped me out! I did look at the guitar, and I believe it is in fact an SDX. Just my luck. But regardless, I will be looking into a new amplifier, because I'm fairly certain that would be the source of my terrible tone blues. Thanks to all!

Comment

+ another for the real DiM SuperD...

"Scalloped & Stickered"
        A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

I beg you, consider the PATB-2! It somehow manages to be high output but yet still clean and smooth. It almost combines the best parts of the Custom/JB/Distortion. Great pick up.

Comment

Working...
          X